[arch-general] [Fwd: [arch-announce] Dropping i686 support]

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Wed Apr 1 04:44:51 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 14:01:14 Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> > Okay, what is the alternative? Especially if you don't want end up
> > with Debian-based distributions?

Slackware :)

> How do you mean alternative? there is no need for alternatives because
> the decision was only made because we all agreed pretty much everyone
> is using 64bit now anyway.

Well.. I have a ancient dos based software I have to use and it does not work
in virualbox/freedos, dosemu and dosbox. it crashes on all of them. Currently
I have it running on a slackware machine where it works with in dosemu.

Looks like I have to get slackware in virtualbox and run dosemu within it. :)
--
 Shridhar