[arch-general] [Fwd: [arch-announce] Dropping i686 support]

Thomas Bohn thomas at bohnomat.de
Wed Apr 1 05:27:44 EDT 2009

On Wed, April 1, 2009 10:31, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:

> How do you mean alternative? there is no need for alternatives because
> the decision was only made because we all agreed pretty much everyone
> is using 64bit now anyway.

I doubt that, besides I'm currently using Arch on my eeePC and even if I
get a new (64 bits) computer anytime soon, I won't maintain two different
distro on both computers. So I'm looking for a new distro to replace Arch.

> For atom-based mobile devices you could use android or something.

Adroid doesn't seem ready for netbook use yet. This might change but I
don't think that I will get my current workflow working on Android.

Thomas