[arch-general] Arch Linux Turkish Community @ 8th Free Software and Linux Festival

Alper KANAT tunix at raptiye.org
Fri Apr 17 12:35:40 EDT 2009

Hey There Guys,

We'd love to tell you about the latest news. We were at our stand all
day long on the very first day of 8th Free Software and Linux Festival.
What we've done?

* We've burnt 20 i686 and 10 x86_64 CD images and created paper CD cases
and gave everyone for free. (unfortunetly we were only capable of doing
40 of them and 30 cases since especially the cases were so expensive as
they were the best quality available)

* Made some installations for people who needs help

* Printed nearly 30 Turkish installation manual and gave them with the
CD's..

* Created a "Arch Linux on Tap" concept and made it available over the
network! :) They is very cool though since anyone can put the plug in
and install Arch with our very new and fresh Arch mirror (that have i686
and x86_64 packages for core, testing, community, extra).

We'll continue to do introduce Arch Linux to visitors of the festival
and help them to discover the beauty!

We also have some pictures for you! :) Comments are welcome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tunix/sets/72157616848517025/

--
Alper KANAT <alperkanat at raptiye.org>