[arch-general] soundcard order is not maintained after recent updates

kira.laucas at gmail.com kira.laucas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 09:51:27 EDT 2009

i have two soundcards. one is creative soundblaster live and the other
is onboard nvidia soundcard. the kernel modules are snd-emu10k1x and
snd-hda-intel respectively. Before the recent updates i used to put
snd-emu10k1x before snd-hda-intel in /etc/rc.conf in the MODULES array to force the soundblaster card to be
soundcard 0. But after the most recent updates this setting does not
work. After going through archwiki and googling i found that either i
can put "options snd_emu10k1x index=0" in /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf
or i can create a custom asoundrc file in my home directory which will
serve my purpose. so my question is that is the new udev does not load
modules according to /etc/rc.conf ?