[arch-general] C-> and C<- does not work in urxvt in tabbed mode - archlinux specific

Partha Chowdhury kira.laucas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 13:56:19 EDT 2009

i use rxvt-unicode as x terminal emulator. In tabbed mode i cannot use
ctrl +left or right arrow keys to browse through words in history. i.e commands
which take a long argument

previously i was using fedora 10. i had asked this question in
rxvt-unicode mailing list
http://lists.schmorp.de/pipermail/rxvt-unicode/2009q2/001019.html

and the solution described there worked in fedora 10. I also tested this
on ubuntu 9.10 and it worked. In both cases the rxvt-unicode
package was the same -9.06

but the above hack does not work in archlinux. Instead i find that i
have to use alt key instead of ctrl key to achieve the purpose. It
becomes annoying as the ctrl+arrow keys are used for the same purpose on
console and any other terminal emulator as i use terminator often and i
have to adjust based on circumstances.

i took a look at PKGBUILD of rxvt-unicode and there is nothing that
could point to this anomaly. so my question is this behaviour a bug or
feature in archlinux ?