[arch-general] introducing kernel26-lts

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:55:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:34 AM, Andreas Radke<a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> 2) a fallback kernel für almost everybody: a long requested feature.
> Everybody can install it along the core "kernel26" pkg and add
> lilo/grub entries for the "lts" kernel. Whenever an update of a future
> kernel26 will fail you won't be forced to boot with a rescue stick or
> cd. This should help a lot.

That is great ! Now there is one official kernel that virtualbox can
actually boot.
Even though this was a virtualbox bug, which didn't like 2.6.30, not
having any alternative kernel when your system stops booting is never
fun. (btw the bug should be fixed in the next 3.0.6 release).

Thanks a lot for that, I will be a happy user of lts (even if I don't
use it, I will always make sure I have it installed :))