[arch-general] Thunderbird bugging with Lightning + Enigmail

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Dec 18 02:33:10 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 5:24 AM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/17/2009 08:02 PM, Brendan Long wrote:
>>
>> If you go to Tools ->  Addons, there will be a "Recommended" page. I just
>> scrolled down and Enigmail was #2 on the list.
>>

> I bet you have an i686 box. I think I'm bitten by the x86_64 problem.
> Because I too have it as the #2 recommended addon, but after it downloads,
> it fails on install with the "not compatible" message. I'll check the abs
> package.

Go to http://enigmail.mozdev.org/download/index.php you'll be able to
put in the combination "linux (x86_64)" and "Thunderbird 3.0" (thanks
to a fellow Arch user it seems :-)

That's the add-on I'm using at home.  Do note that the reports of
incompatibility between lightning and enigmail are fully true, i.e.
have both add-ons enabled and you'll loose some text in your menu,
disable either and everything looks good again.  Irritating indeed!

/M