[arch-general] Having trouble compileing a2ps

Marq Schneider queueram at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 14:01:02 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 12:39, Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 09:44, Baho Utot <baho-utot at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
>> In file included from path-concat.c:30:
>> /usr/include/string.h:234: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'void'
>> /usr/include/string.h:234: error: expected ')' before '(' token
>
> What the hell? Maybe try reinstalling the package with that file,
> perhaps it got munged somehow...

I tested it and I am getting the same problem here.  The issue is with
the config.h file that is getting generated and the following lines in
a2ps-4.13/lib/path-contat.c:
#ifndef HAVE_MEMPCPY
# define mempcpy(D, S, N) ((void *) ((char *) memcpy (D, S, N) + (N)))
#endif

For some reason, the config.h file is not picking up a "#define
HAVE_MEMPCPY 1".  I just manually added it in, removed the patches and
configures from the PKGBUILD and did a "makepkg -e" to test this.
You'll want to dig into how that file gets generated.  Alternatively,
you could just add a patch to remove the 3 lines starting with
"#ifndef HAVE_MEMPCPY"

I still got one more build problem in a2ps-4.13/lib/xstrrpl.c .  Just
under the #includes for this file, there is a "extern char *
stpcpy();", however, if you look where stpcpy is used later on in the
file (line 52), you see that it takes two parameters.  I just
commented out the "extern char * stpcpy();" and everything built fine.
 A(nother) patch could take care of this.

-Marq