[arch-general] closed bugs, open comments?

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:18:12 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 03:27:16PM -0600, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Out of curiosity - how many people here also believe that the bug
> tracker is for help? I am honestly interested, as this could be the
> source of confusion here - the above is actually the way things SHOULD
> work - forums, newsgroups, mailing lists, etc should be used for help;
> the bug tracker should be used for bugs or "actionable items"

Well I think the bug tracker is a good way to keep record of why certain
decisions were made in development and packaging. If the discussion on
the tracker isn't sufficient for someone to understand the decision, it
may be a good idea to make a comment to clarify things. But then again,
some people are never satisfied.