[arch-general] Problems with netcfg

Cristopher Thomas crisnoh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 22:35:52 EST 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009 19:13:47 James Rayner wrote:
> The problem appeared to be a simple typo in the config file, however
> the OP has given up. *shrug*

I don't know about it being a typo.  Setting the encryption type to 'wap'
instead of 'wep' was the only way for me to ever get a connection.  Here's the
error I got trying to use 'wep':

[~]$ sudo netcfg home
:: home up  - Could not set wireless configuration                                                                     [FAIL]
for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Device or resource busy.
I got that error everytime, whereas when I switched to 'wap' I would
occasionally get a connection.  Usually after I had spent a while online in my
windows partition researching the problem.  I know for a fact that the router
is set up for wep security, which is why I'm baffled about the profile not
working.

-- Cris