[arch-general] speakers don't turn off when headphones inserted

Alexander Lam lambchop468 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 23:57:08 EDT 2009

Have you tried other module settings for the Realtek ALC883?

the linux kernel documentation
(linux-sources/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt)
says that these other options are valid:

ALC883/888
==========
  3stack-dig    3-jack with SPDIF I/O
  6stack-dig    6-jack digital with SPDIF I/O
  3stack-6ch    3-jack 6-channel
  3stack-6ch-dig 3-jack 6-channel with SPDIF I/O
  6stack-dig-demo  6-jack digital for Intel demo board
  acer          Acer laptops (Travelmate 3012WTMi, Aspire 5600, etc)
  acer-aspire   Acer Aspire 9810
  acer-aspire-4930g Acer Aspire 4930G
  medion        Medion Laptops
  medion-md2    Medion MD2
  targa-dig     Targa/MSI
  targa-2ch-dig Targs/MSI with 2-channel
  laptop-eapd   3-jack with SPDIF I/O and EAPD (Clevo M540JE, M550JE)
  lenovo-101e   Lenovo 101E
  lenovo-nb0763 Lenovo NB0763
  lenovo-ms7195-dig Lenovo MS7195
  lenovo-sky    Lenovo Sky
  haier-w66     Haier W66
  3stack-hp     HP machines with 3stack (Lucknow, Samba boards)
  6stack-dell   Dell machines with 6stack (Inspiron 530)
  mitac         Mitac 8252D
  clevo-m720    Clevo M720 laptop series
  fujitsu-pi2515 Fujitsu AMILO Pi2515
  fujitsu-xa3530 Fujitsu AMILO XA3530
  3stack-6ch-intel Intel DG33* boards
  auto          auto-config reading BIOS (default)

--
Alexander Lam
ATCS 2010

AIM: lambchops468