[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.28.7-2

Emmanuel Benisty benisty.e at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 01:10:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Montag 09 März 2009 schrieb Tobias Powalowski:
>> >
>> > Kernel configuration method is ignored. Whatever you chose in the
>> > PKGBUILD, it will fallback to make oldconfig.
>> > Removing make prepare (and thus changing the way _kernelver is
>> > defined) solves the issue.
> btw i tried it with make menuconfig, no issue to configure and it contibues
> compiling afterwards.

It works if I patch 2.6.28 source with 2.6.28.7 patch, it doesn't if I
patch 2.6.28 source with 2.6.29-rc7 patch... (no ARCH patch involved)

Placing make menu config before make prepare solves the issue.

FTR, i just changed pkgname to a custom name and pkgver to 2.6.29 and
the patch source and patch command of course.