[arch-general] :: Starting acpid -- acpid: can't open /proc/acpi/event: Device or resource busy

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed May 20 11:30:57 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	I am chasing down an issue with the radeonhd driver to force downclocking of
the gpu. In my Xog.0.log I am receiving the message:

(WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or directory)

	I have installed acpid, but acpid will not start and gives the following
error:

[10:24 alchemy:/home/david] # /etc/rc.d/acpid start
:: Starting acpid                                                     [BUSY]
acpid: can't open /proc/acpi/event: Device or resource busy
                                                                      [FAIL]

	What's the trick with acpid?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.