[arch-general] Network Shutdown Prior to umount on cifs mounts hangs shutdown

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri May 22 03:07:49 EDT 2009

Listmates,

	I am experiencing a hang on shutdown with Arch every time I don't manually
unmount any samba/cifs shares before shutting down. This is due to the
shutdown sequence killing my network connection before unmounting the samba
shares. This basicly leaves all samba shares mounted and [Busy] which
frustrates the unmount filesystems call late in the shutdown sequence.

	Is there any way to move the network shutdown until after samba shares are
unmounted in the shutdown sequence. Or conversely, move or add a samba/cifs
shares unmount to the sequence at a time before the network shuts down?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC