[arch-general] Network Shutdown Prior to umount on cifs mounts hangs shutdown

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri May 22 04:58:34 EDT 2009

Shridhar Daithankar schrieb:
> On Friday 22 May 2009 12:42:18 Biru Ionut wrote:
>
>>> 	Is there any way to move the network shutdown until after samba shares
>>> are unmounted in the shutdown sequence. Or conversely, move or add a
>>> samba/cifs shares unmount to the sequence at a time before the network
>>> shuts down?
>> add netfs to daemon list.
>
> I have netfs in my daemons list and experience similar hangout with a nfs
> mount.I start it in background but I doubt that should matter.

It depends on the order. netfs should be in the DAEMONS list after
network (or net-profiles or whatever you use to connect), so that it
will be shut down before network.

You have to see "Unmounting Network Filesystems" before your network is
shut down (backgrounding is ignored on shutdown). If you see it and it
still hangs, then we may have a bug. See /etc/rc.d/netfs for further
reference.