[arch-general] Segmentation fault in X after last upgrade

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 08:18:53 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> Before using vesa driver you should at least give nouveau and nv driver a
> shot.
> Both lack on 3D support but for 2D operations they should work fine.
> Nouveau has nice kms support, which is nice if it works on your card.
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Nouveau

kms is nice indeed, but I am pretty sure there are many other
advantages of nouveau over nv
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/
"2-D support is in fairly good shape with EXA acceleration, Xv and
Randr12 (dual-head, rotations, etc.). "

For instance nv does not have xv, which is a must have for video playback.
And I don't know if nv supports exa and randr12.

And nouveau kms also supports "suspend & resume".