[arch-general] VPS hosting with Arch

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:14:46 EDT 2009

2009/10/6 Sebastian Köhler <sebkoehler at whoami.org.uk>:

> Roman Kyrylych wrote:
>
>> LOL! How could I forget about this one? :-)
>

> Actually I think it's kinda stupid that udev now needs 2.6.24  while the
> official arch xen domu kernel in the "xen" package still is 2.6.18...

1. Remember the xen package is in [community], so although somewhat
official, it isn't in [extra]
2. Xen was originally based around this hacked kernel with no obvious
update path, they are working to get the pv_opts kernel to be the
preferred method
3. We aren't using an Arch dom0 on our main (virtualized) Arch server,
so you probably shouldn't either. :) The domU is Arch, however,
running the Debian provided domU kernel.

-Dan