[arch-general] Splitting up the 'boinc' package

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Mon Oct 19 17:47:14 EDT 2009

On Mo, 2009-10-19 at 23:03 +0200, Daniel Riedemann wrote:
> I don't know if 6.6.38 build correctly, if you have a working PKGBUILD I
> think everyone would be happy (since it is stable). But I don't know if that
> is possible now since a higher version is already in the repos. That would
> mean everybody has to force a downgrade?
As we would provide new package names (something like boinc-client,
boinc-manager, etc. this shouldn't be a problem at all. We could easily
set a conflict flag.

On Mo, 2009-10-19 at 23:03 +0200, Daniel Riedemann wrote:
> I could help you writing the split package but I don't have much time this
> week. I can't assure you anything ;o)
It doesn't hurt that much, we could work it out the following week(s),
it was just a general idea from me.

On Mo, 2009-10-19 at 23:03 +0200, Daniel Riedemann wrote:
> Sorry for being a bit off topic, but Jaroslav Lichtblau copied a bit from my
> PKGBUILD and left the configure option --optimize in the PKGBUILD. Does the
> current package work for you? Because --optimize breaks the standard makepkg
> CFLAGS ... Or is "-ffast-math -O3" considered safe for offical builds?
I'm not that kind of deep into the compiling thing, so without looking
it up, I don't even know what this option exactly stands for ;). I guess
this would be your part right then ;).

I will contact you personally, so we can share our knowledge and work it
out together ;). Anyone who wants to participate also, is free to
contact us.

--
Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de>