[arch-general] Installing Arch Linux w/ RAID

Carlos Williams carloswill at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 14:23:29 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 2:06 PM, toomanymirrors
<toomanymirrors at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have always had to edit my /boot/grub/menu.lst
> I have /boot on md1 and root on md0 so my menu.lst looks like this:
>
> # (1) Arch Linux
> title  Arch Linux  [/boot/vmlinuz26]
> root   (hd0,0)
> kernel /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/array/root ro
> md=1,/dev/sda1,/dev/sdb1,/dev/sdc1,/dev/sdd1
> md=0,/dev/sda2,/dev/sdb2,/dev/sdc2,/dev/sdd2
> initrd /kernel26.img
>
> Hope that helps,
> Jackson

Thanks! It does help! When you're in the main installer window of the
Arch Linux CD, you you skip the "Install Bootloader" option or do you
select it? The Wiki indicates that I should skip it and do it manually
however my /boot and / partitions are not under RAID. Just my /home
partition is. I would think I should be able to use it, no?

Even when I simply try to install Arch with a separate RAID1 /home
partition, I have no luck.