[arch-general] 2 partitions with same UUID

kurrata kurrata at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 01:03:41 EDT 2009

I had problems with launching win xp it was crashing often since it
didn't like my sata hard(sdb) drive or that it wasn't on boot disk most
likely and since my root started to run out of space I decided to make
some changes.
move sda1(root) to sda2 while increasing sda2 size and install windows
on sda1.
sda is ata hard drive
I increased sda2(it was used to test other linux distro) size up to 10gb
from ~5.5GB with gparted
Then did "dd if="/dev/sda1 of=/dev/sda2" from live usb install.
Now when I do "sudo blkid" it shows that both sda1 and sda2 have same UIID.
Any ideas how could I fix this?