[arch-general] IPv6 Support

slubman lists at slubman.info
Wed Sep 9 16:53:11 EDT 2009

I'm using IPv6 on my arch boxes, and yes you can use v4 nd v6 at the
same time, and also use multiple v6 addresses on the same ethernet card.

Here is what I have in my rc.conf :

eth0="dhcp"
eth0_ipv6_0="eth0 add fd8d::3/64"
eth0_ipv6_1="eth0 add 2a01:XXXX:XXXX::3/64"
INTERFACES=(eth0 eth0_ipv6_1 eth0_ipv6_0)

One not so good thing, at startup I have to errors:
eth0_ipv6_0 no such device
eth0_ipv6_1 no such device

But the address are correctly sets on the NIC.

--
slubman
site: http://www.slubman.info/