[arch-general] vim 7.2.245-1

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:10:48 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Jozsef <jozefk at gmx.com> wrote:
>> I never used runtimepath before and everything worked fine.

You shouldn't have to. It is set by default by vim. In a running vim instance do
:echo &runtimepath

>> And I don't have a "after" directory in /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/ at the moment. Is it something I should create by myself?

It doesn't need to exist. And it's certainly useless if empty. Only
create it if you need it.

> And all of that directories inside of /usr/share/vim/ are owned by root. It could be a reason why the plugins don't work if I copy them to vimfiles/plugins or vimfiles/after
> I'm not running vim as root, why should I do that?

Owned by root does not mean that you can't READ the files. Vim doesn't
need to do anything except read them, and it can.

I guess I'm confused as to where you installed your plugins. It's
typically best to install them in ~/.vim/ rather than system wide