[arch-general] Opinion: What do you think about Lenovo IdeaPad Y450?

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Mon Sep 28 22:22:41 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 29 September 2009 03:01:54 Guilherme M. Nogueira wrote:
> So I was wondering if any of you has one, or has another Lenovo laptop
> and your opinions about it. I plan on using it with arch only.

I use a compaq F733 laptop(I think that model does not ship anymore. Bought
last april). It has nvidia graphics.

Everything works except certain combination of kernel/nvidia keep breaking
suspend. Somewhere since last oct to this april, I had to shutdown/reboot the
laptop(no problem, except time wasted.) Now with 2.6.30, suspend/resume is
working fine. Lets see what 2.6.32 brings :)

And yes, it is exclusively arch and my work machine. I depend upon it.
--
 Shridhar