[arch-general] Serial To USB Adapter

Snarkout snarkout at linuxfortherestofus.com
Thu Apr 1 09:11:46 EDT 2010

My experience has been that minicom is the best emulator for interfacing
with serial devices.  I have tried as many as I could get my hands on,
too, FWIW ($DAYJOB = noc monkey).  IME, If you ever have a large config
you need to drop on a device (or even not-so-large) most others fail in
various ways.  5 AM at the collo with a dead core router is a lousy time
to find out that your *com of choice requires dropping 20 lines at a
time or it starts barfing, and you have a 2000 line config that needs
dropping.  JME - others may disagree.