[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] openssl, heimdal and icu rebuilds

Flavio Costa flavio.cdc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:12:33 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> > OpenOffice related packges:
> >
> > OpenOffice-base is done.
> > Go-OpenOffice i686 done, x86_64 failed due to a smp related issue. Will
> > build it over night non-smp.
> >
> > Openoffice-base- beta/devel are missing and both are no stoppers to
> > me and will be build with updated versions within a few days. We can
> > leave them out for now.
> >

> > Xorg-server depends on OpenSSL. So we need to move it along with
> > OpenSSL/Heimdal/Icu rebuild. Means also to move the kernel and other
> > related Xorg packages from testing (not the Xorg18 repo).
> >
> > So far now further issues. Signoff x86_64.
>
> I had good luck with everything yesterday on both my i686 and x86_64
> boxes. pacman-git hiccuped a bit but that is my own fault (so had to
> do some reinstalling when vercmp was failing due to linking issues).
> openoffice-base was also working fine last night on my x86_64 box.
>
> Thanks to everyone who chipped in here, this was a big update that got
> done really quickly. I'll signoff for both architectures on just about
> everything (i686 is a headless, no-X box, x86_64 is my desktop).
>
> -Dan

I had some 'vercmp' linking issues when upgrading to kernel26 (2.6.33.1-1 ->
2.6.33.2-1) and system-tools-backends (2.8.3-1 -> 2.10.0-1), so I guess it
is not an isolated problem.

After the complete -Suy, I manually -S'ed kernel26 and system-tools-backends
and they ran smoothly.

--
Flávio Coutinho da Costa