[arch-general] Shouldn't pacman restart dovecot after update?

Attila vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org
Sat Aug 7 04:53:29 EDT 2010

At Samstag, 7. August 2010 01:26 Guus Snijders wrote:

> Well, you certainly do have a point; finding out which apps are using
> the updated libraries etc would be nice.

Here is a example of the output and what it is behind:

http://www.kriyayoga.com/love_blog/post.php/1207

How more i search in the web what is behind i found out that it seems that
"zypper ps" run this only for the list of the updated packages and not for the
whole system. This makes it very hard for myself to find out how i can get the
same under archlinux.

> After thinking about it for a moment, it seems one solution would be
> very simple. Just run "lsof | grep -i DEL".

It seems that you don't use KDE because i get a big list of '*kdelibs*'
entries.-)

One other human used this "lsof -n | grep -E 'RPMDELETE|;|path inode='" under
opensuse before zypper get this feature. But RPMDELETE won't be there under
archlinux.

> I'm pretty sure that this could be much optimized, but i hope the idea
> is clear

If you find something for this this would be very, very nice.-)

See you, Attila