[arch-general] mayday - new updates killed httpd - make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 07:50:20 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 04:45 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:

> 	The over 'Arching' point (no pun intended) is how can we make sure that
> updates, that do not change any packages by adding/deleting, do not kill a
> primary part of a box? And, why this box and not the backup?

I think I've seen this said to you before, but the responsibility for
your box falls on you. JGC has answered your specific question, but I'd
comment on the broader assumption you make that the package maintainer
is responsible for your system in a specific manner. He is not.

Archers need to know their systems. You seem to, to some extent.
Therefore I don't really understand the request for (as I see it) a more
fool-proof system. You're not a fool.