[arch-general] did kdemod-legacy repo go away?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Aug 17 09:45:55 EDT 2010

Guys,

	I must have missed a note advising that the kdemod-legacy repo was removed from
the pacman repos. Every time I update I get the following error:

error: failed retrieving file 'kdemod-legacy.db.tar.gz' from chakra-project.org
: Not Found
error: failed to update kdemod-legacy (Not Found)

	So is it true? Is it gone for good? If so, it would be a sad epitaph on the
desktops head-stone. ("Killed at its prime")

	Currently,(at least before 2 days ago) kdemod-legacy installed perfectly with
the only updates required being libjpeg, libpng and poppler-qt3 - all available
at AUR and with it taking less than 1.7G of static space on a drive, seems like
it would make Arch a much more robust distro to continue the offering and list
is as an asset rather than having an empty check mark in the "KDE3 available"
column.

	What's the scoop?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.