[arch-general] makepkg devel_check svn issue

Andrea Fagiani andfagiani at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 04:37:27 EDT 2010

  Hello,

A little background :
when updating a svn package with makepkg, svn info gets called (in the
devel_check function) and then the "Last Changed Rev" extracted from its
output and $pkgver updated accordingly.

However, while compiling stjerm-svn [1] (which I maintain in the AUR,
btw) I end up with a package that has pkgver=256 , but the actual
revision checked out by svn is 262.
I suspect it may be due to the fact that rev 257 created a new branch
(you can find the repository here) [2].

This could be easily fixed by considering the "Revision" value (instead
of "Last Changed Rev") in the svn info output.

Question is, is this the desired behavior or did I just stumble into a
bug (and should, therefore, report it) ?

Andrea

[2] https://code.google.com/p/stjerm-terminal/source/checkout