[arch-general] Pacman wants to install older xf86-video-ati

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 15:09:20 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Damjan Georgievski <gdamjan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've installed the new X stuff from the [testing] repo including the
> xf86-video-ati-6.13.1-2
>
> Since that, I've commented out [testing] since I don't want other
> things from it, but now  on each "pacman -Syu" it wants to install the
> older package from extra xf86-video-ati-6.13.1-1. Is something forcing
> this package and how can I find what?

That would be the 'force' flag (explained in `man PKGBUILD') being set
in xf86-video-ati-6.13.1-1's PKGBUILD.

My suggestion would be to add xf86-vide-ati to IgnorePkg in
/etc/pacman.conf until the new package moves out of [testing]. You
could also use `pacman -Syu --ignore xf86-video-ati' for the same
effect.