[arch-general] Removing unused locales?

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Wed Dec 29 14:10:19 EST 2010

Hi, it occurred to me today to check how much disk space /usr/share/locale was
using on my system. Turned out to be 449.43M, though I only use en and es
locales, which are in the code in the first case and ~13M in the second.

Would it make sense to remove the extra ones? I mean, I don't think anyone will
switch back and forth that many languages (220 on my system), but it would be
just stupid to make extra i18n packages for everything... so, should pacman
remove the unneeded languages on package installation?

--
Salud!
Nicolás Reynolds,
xmpp:fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar