[arch-general] KMS and external monitor resolution

André Ramaciotti da Silva andre.ramaciotti at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 15:02:07 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm sorry if it has already been discussed here, but I couldn't find
anything with the keywords I was using. I even had a bad time choosing
this message subject.

I bought a new, bigger monitor to use with my notebook. I've already
configured X, but sometimes I like to write on the tty (there are less
distractions there) and I'm having a little problem with it.

The native resolution of the notebook screen is 1280x800 and the native
resolution of the external monitor is 1920x1080, so when I'm on the tty,
the external monitor uses only a box on the top left side with a size of
1280x800.

What I would like to do is turn off the notebook monitor and use only the
external monitor with its native resolution, without, of course, messing
with my X setup, as it's already set.

I'm using a Intel GMA965 with KMS.

TIA

Bye,