[arch-general] An old, tiresome discussion: cdrtools vs cdrkit

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jan 25 11:50:46 EST 2010

Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately, on this issue, no-one I would consider roughly unbiased
> has looked into it.  Thus, I am left with no opinions to listen to.  I

OK, if you are unbiased I encourage you to immediately stop distributing "cdrkit".

Cdrkit is in conflict with the GPL and the Gopyright law and cannot be legally
distributed in either source or binary. See:

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html

The current situation is:

-	cdrkit is undistributable

-	several lawyers (including Sun legal and Eben Moglen) see no problems
	with the original software.

Could you explain why you still like to prefer cdrkit instead of the original
software?

Jörg