[arch-general] Question regarding the ArchLinux iso core image

vlad vla at uni-bonn.de
Tue May 18 07:42:07 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 09:26:51PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 18/05/10 21:21, Matthew Monaco wrote:
> >>
> >>My prefered way of installing any linux distribution is using bootstrap
> >>tools. For Debian this is debootstrap, for Archlinux this is pacman -r.
> >>The point of having an installer with packages on the ISO is that you
> >>don't always have the possibility to do a network installation.
> >>

> >What about the install scripts then? pacman -r (and -b) don't
> >necessarily assure that the install scripts behave properly.
> >

> Really...   they should do.

They do?
from pacman.log:

"
[2010-04-29 23:15] warning: /mnt/root/etc/ssl/openssl.cnf installed as /mnt/root/etc/ssl/openssl.cnf.pacnew                                                                                                    │
[2010-04-29 23:15] upgraded openssl (0.9.8l-1 -> 1.0.0-2)                                                                                                                                                      │
[2010-04-29 23:15] Clearing symlinks in /etc/ssl/certs...done.                                                                                                                                                 │
[2010-04-29 23:15] Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs... 141 added, 0 removed; done.                                                                                                                      │
[2010-04-29 23:15] Running hooks in /etc/ca-certificates/update.d....done.                                                                                                                                     │
[2010-04-29 23:15] upgraded ca-certificates (20090814-2 -> 20090814-3)
"
Though "-r" was set to "/mnt/root" the install script seems to update /etc/ssl/certs.
I am not really sure if it actually applied to the new root "/mnt/root"
or only to /etc/ssl. It was some time ago.
I remember I reran "/usr/sbin/update-ca-certificates --fresh"
when I booted into the new system.