[arch-general] Running Mozilla Prism?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed May 26 08:44:23 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:31, Peter Lewis <pete at muddygoat.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 May 2010 at 10:16 Magnus Therning wrote:
>>>
>>> After reading this thread I just took a look - I hadn't heard of it
>>> before.
>>>
>>> It seems the PKGBUILD pulls in an i686 binary (there's a complementary
>>> bin32-version).
>>>
>>> Is there a reason why it's not a source package?
>>
>> This is where the confusion may be.  I'm using the Firefox extension[1].
>
> Ah, I haven't tried that.

I decided to try that mostly because the only pre-built versions were 32-bit,
and AUR didn't have a build-from-source package, just as you noticed ;-)

I also liked the idea of a FF extension on a matter of principles; why install
XulRunner for Prism when I already have a perfectly working XulRunner for FF
already?

Anyway, I can report that the FF Prism Extension works equally well on a
32-bit Ubuntu system I have access to :-(
The only system were it works as expected is a WinXP system I have here :-(

I wonder if there's something in the FF build in Arch (and Ubuntu) that
prevents it from working properly.  I'll report more after I've tried the
Mozilla build of FF.

/M