[arch-general] Burning From Command Line

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed May 26 10:24:24 EDT 2010

Am Wed, 26 May 2010 15:48:29 +0200
schrieb Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling):

> Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:
>
> > You keep arguing, you always persist on having cdrtools added to the
> > repos in favor of cdrkit.
> >
> > You always claim, that cdrkit has legal issues.
>
> At the same time you claim that you believe the slander from Debian.
> Is there any hope to have a reasonable discussion?

I don't claim anything. I just tell you, that you claim that Debian
doesn't tell the truth and don't prove this as you have been asked for
many times. Just publish at least one of the assessments of the several
lawyers you always mention and everything could be well. If they don't
want their statements to be publish in a mailing list, just send them
privately to the devs and/or package maintainers so that they can read
them and form an opinion about them.

And there we have one of the annoying discussions. If Debian tells
the truth or slenders anyone, is only related to Debian and not to
other distributions. So you should discuss this with Debian directly
and not on other forums and mailing lists.

> If you have doubts, I recommend you to ask an independent specialized
> laywer but please to not follow the slander from Debian.

I'm not really interested in it. For me cdrkit is working more or less,
even if I believe you, that cdrtools would be technically better. And
it's not my job to care about licenses as I'm just a normal user and
not a dev.

And as a normal user who is not concerned in these licensing stuff, I'm
pretty annoyed about this permanently repeating endless and useless
discussion.

Heiko