[arch-general] GDM Locked - is Gnome locked

Guillermo Leira gleira at gleira.com
Tue Nov 2 11:26:24 CET 2010

Just FYI. The issue is solved, but I don't like very much how...

I enabled the testing repository, run pacman -Syu, and I everything was working fine again. I'm sorry, there where 33 packages, I don't know which one did the magic.

I have updated another computer that had not been updated for a couple of weeks, and it died the same way. And the cure was the same: Enable the testing repository.

I have another six computers running Arch, and some virtual machines, and I have had no problem with them.

The two computers with problems are completely different: A laptop with Intel graphics, and a desktop with Nvidia. But they also have some things in common and different of the other computers: Both of them boot from an external USB drive (the internal hard drive has XP installed), and they are the only ones with x86_64.

Best Regards,

Guillermo Leira