[arch-general] python3 thoughts

Auguste Pop auguste at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 19:46:41 CET 2010

The transition is indeed smooth, as least for me. I am just worrying
that maybe most python utilities will remain using python2 for a
rather long time.

Considering the incompatibility in the fundamental print
function/statement, I seriously doubt the number of python2 packages
that can run under python3 without any modification.

Most python programmers are clearly not so interested in the
bleeding-edge technologies. That's what makes me frustrated as an Arch
user.

Best Regards,