[arch-general] PulseAudio in [testing]

Yaro Kasear yaro at marupa.net
Sun Nov 28 17:28:00 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 16:24 +0000, Nathan Wayde wrote:

> > It's probably because the masses of people who already know Pulse Audio
> > will break their sound aren't bothering to try it. I have a whole IRC
> > channel filled with people who, if they were to actually test this,
> > would FLOOD this entire discussion with problems that would make the
> > Arch devs reconsider this decision.
> >

> dude! no-one cares what you think so quit spamming the mailing list with
> your nonsense already you clearly don't know what you're talking about
> so please spreading FUD you're just exposing your ignorance.

FUD would be if it wasn't true. Seriously, Google "pulseaudio problems"
sometime. You'll see tons of reasons why this shouldn't be done. There's
always dozens of threads at any given time on just about every Linux
distribution's forums PURELY about fixing the SAME EXACT problems in
Pulse that have been there from the beginning. Do you *really* want me
to put up a detailed list of all of Pulse Audio's breakages that have
never been fixed? Because I can do it, you know.