[arch-general] system time stucks in a loop

János Illés ijanos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 08:26:11 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have an archlinux virtualbox guest on windows host. The clock of the
guest linux is randomly stuck in a few seconds loop, rendering the
system in a semi-freeze state. It looks like this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/841166/archwtf/date2.png

It happens irregularly, sometimes not happens for days and sometimes
it does this 2-3 times a day.

Any ideas what went wrong or how to debug this properly? There is
nothing relevant in dmesg nor syslog.
Other linux guests don't do this, I also tried different vbox
versions, I do not really know what can cause this kind of an error.

I searched and could not find a bug like this in neither the vbox bug
tracker nor anything kernel related.

I'm open to every ideas, this bug is driving me crazy.

--
János