[arch-general] [wiki] reflect xorg changes

Stefan Erik Wilkens stefanwilkens at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 08:33:56 EDT 2010

Hello all,

A short while ago, I posted this topic:

Through here, I'm hoping to reach some more willing archers to assist
in the updating of some keystone wiki articles.

The bullet points:
the changes that accompanied xorg 1.8.x have not been reflected in
several important articles on the wiki:
1. The Beginner's Guide, specifically this section:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners'_Guide#Step_2:_Install_X
2. The evdev article, specifically all mentioning of HAL policies
(which are ignored as of 1.8.x: http://www.archlinux.org/news/502/)
and the possible merge with the xorg article
3. in a less important way: Nvidia, ATI and the Synaptics article
(which I am rewriting currently)

The discussion page for the BG is filled with good intent since
december 2009, as is the topic on the forums... But fact remains that
the documentation is falling behind. I'm hoping to motivate one or
several to help out in having a good look around our wiki so that we
may keep our documentation on this as bleeding edge as our OS :) Out
with the old, in with the new and all that.

-Stefan

p.s. of course these are suggestions, if any here has a better
approach please do reply