[arch-general] Installing createrepo/repoview on Arch Linux

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Sep 16 02:12:02 EDT 2010

On 09/14/2010 01:24 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Here is a quick synopsis of what is required to install createrepo on Arch in
> case you need to provide an rpm repository for rpm based distros hosted on your
> Arch server:
>
> AUR Package Summary (in order to build/install):
>
>    beecrypt
>    rpm  (THIS PKG IS ORPHANED, BUT STILL CURRENT FOR rpm-5.1.9)
>    yum-metadata-parser (OUT OF DATE -- updated PKGBUILD below)
>    python-iniparse
>    yum  (the 'depends' line in the PKGBUILD must be fixed - see below)
>    yum-createrepo  (OUT OF DATE -- updated PKGBUILD below)
>    kid
>    repoview

Couple of questions:

(1) Should we do a wiki page on this?

(2) What do we do about the "orphaned" rpm package in AUR? Shouldn't that
package have a maintainer? I'm not that skilled in packaging/patching or
Makefiles so I wouldn't exactly feel comfortable taking it on, but with
something as needed as rpm for handling repos that will be stored on Arch
servers, this should definitely have somebody looking after it. What is the
process for getting a new maintainer for it?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC