[arch-general] kernel26-headers breaks VMWare and VirtualBox

John Holbrook johnholbrook at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 17:31:53 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm experiencing the issue as discussed here on the forums:

This mentions a bug report at:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20972

The fix mentioned is to run kernel26-headers -2.

I am currently running "core/kernel26-headers 2.6.35.6-1 [installed]"

I asked how to get -2 on IRC and was told to wait until my mirror
updates. I tried a closer mirror and even manually looked at some of
the mirrors and none of them appear to have 2.6.35.6-2.

How can I upgrade to -2 without waiting for a mirror update?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what they mean by '-2'?

Thanks.