[arch-general] Change Arch's default crond

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Apr 8 11:32:35 EDT 2011

On 04/06/2011 10:34 PM, Heiko Baums wrote:
>> Upstream stability makes sense. If redhat is behind cronie, then that
>> >  seems like the logical choice.
> Why is this logical? Is it the developer what makes a software good or
> is it the features and the stability? If Redhat's cronie has less
> features than fcron then fcron is the logical choice, of course.

Heiko,

   You are correct. The long term stability was just my thought. Like I said
earlier in my message -- It doesn't matter to me which cron we have -- as long
as we have one that works :)  I have no say in the matter, so I will, of
course, defer to whatever decision you guys reach. I just want to make sure we
have a cron by default :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.