[arch-general] mdadm segfaults with kernel 2.6.38.2

Divan Santana divan at s-tainment.co.za
Mon Apr 11 15:32:30 EDT 2011

On Monday 11 April 2011 20:58:40 Norbert Zeh wrote:
> I just upgraded to the latest kernel.  The /etc/rc.d/mdadm script, which
> starts mdadm in monitor mode, reports a segmentation fault in
> mdadm --monitor --oneshot --scan.
>
> I also tried to manually start, e.g., mdadm --monitor /dev/md0, and get
> a segmentation fault there, too.
>
> Since this did not happen before the kernel upgrade and mdadm interacts
> rather closely with the kernel, I suspect that some change in the latest
> kernel is to blame for this.
>
> Did anybody else run into the same problem?

> Where would I start
> debugging it?

Downgrade to 2.6.37.5/6 and confirm it's the kernel.
Then search for a bug, join the bug report, or file one.

I had some really horrible graphics with my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 and
open source ati driver since updating to 2.6.38.2. Luckily the latest xorg and
newer ati driver is out.

I will test it and take it from there.

--
Divan Santana