[arch-general] audacious2

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 18:29:26 EDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Kyle <kyle at gmx.ca> wrote:
> On my system, the audacious package, (without the 2), is version 2.4.4-1. I
> don't recall seeing an audacious2 package on Arch. I do, however, see that
> /usr/bin/audacious is a symbolic link to /usr/bin/audacious2, so either way
> you call it, it should work for you.
> ~Kyle

 I have version 2.5.0-1. There is no /usr/bin/audacious2 anymore. I
don't know whether it's a different package or just a different name.
Anyway, I suspect alsa problems, dating from the same upgrading, 2
days ago or so. I remember seeing some useless alsa message that
shouldn't be there if all went well. pacman -Syy seemed to clean up
things, but it didn't. I just checked that xmms also doesn't work
anymore.
Thanks, and in case you're brave enough to "up"grade tell us whether
you didn't lost your sound.

Jorge