[arch-general] tunneling help needed (ssh?)

Jesse Young jesse.young at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 15:12:30 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Philipp <hollunder at lavabit.com> wrote:
> Problem: A server situated in a network that can't be reached from the
> outside, all ports are blocked. I want to give specific outside users
> simple ftp access to a directory on this server (password protected).
>
> I'm in control of the server inside the network. I'm in
> control of another server inside this network that can be reached (at
> least port 80) but I'd like to avoid using this server.

If there is no webserver on this port you could DNAT to the FTP
server. If there is you could consider running WebDAV instead of FTP,
and using a reverse proxy to forward the traffic to the inside box on
a certain resource.

> I may have some control over outside servers.
Set up a VPN tunnel between the two machines and DNAT a port from the
outside server to the firewalled box.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
Jesse