[arch-general] Installation of libreoffice

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:06:19 EDT 2011

On 03-08-2011 07:41, Hector Martinez-Seara wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm aware that recently there has been some changes in libreoffice
> package. The problem is that yesterday I updated my system and
> surprisingly only libreoffice-common was updated. By that I mean that
> I mean that not base, writer, impress... were available after the
> update, they dissapered. Moreover, if I make "pacman -S libreoffice"
> only  "libreoffice-common" is targeted and there is no traces of
> libreoffice-calc,  libreoffice-base,  libreoffice-draw.... The thing
> is that there seems to be a container called libreoffice which it is
> suppose to contain all this basic packages but in my case only
> installs "libreoffice-common". What I'm doing wrong? I hope it is not
> expected that we install one by one the components we want.
> Thanks in advance,
> Hector

My only (small) gripe is that libreoffice-gnome maybe should be called
libreoffice-gtk.

As a user of xfce I was slightly puzzled but the naming saying gnome as
it sort of implies that it is specific to gnome, however the description
clarifies that it applies to any gtk dependent DE. Maybe the naming
should be general and the description should state gnome,xfce and
anything else gtk dependent that is officially supported by arch.

--
Mauro Santos