[arch-general] /usr/bin/X: No such file

Ionut Biru ibiru at archlinux.org
Sun Dec 11 09:01:54 EST 2011

On 12/11/2011 03:28 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> [...]

why do i think you used nvidia installer instead of doing pacman -S nvidia ?

> GDM still needs some tweak, since I can't log in as root and GNOME
> already is listed, but currently only Xfce4 is installed.

maybe you should start thinking about it. Is not working because is
wrong to use root as your primary account, especially in graphics. If
you really want, since is your system and I don't care what are you
doing, check /etc/pam.d/gdm-password

auth            sufficient      pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 1000 quiet

--
Ionuț