[arch-general] liboost_python undefined symbols

Ionuț Bîru ibiru at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 2 03:53:32 EST 2011

On 01/02/2011 08:12 AM, Ty John wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I posted this problem on the forums but it seems the regular forum
> users don't know what the problem is so I'm asking here.
>
> I'm trying to compile vegastrike-svn and it fails complaining about
> undefined symbols in /usr/lib/libboost_python.so
> See ldd results below.
> Is this a problem with my system or is it a problem the boost-libs
> package?

vegastrike-svn PKGBUILD is broken. the sources contains 3 boost versions:

ls /src/vegastrike/boost
1_28  1_35  1_45  integrating.txt

Is using 1.35 by default and for some reason it tries to link system
boost at the final.

To fix this you have to pass at configure:

--with-boost=VERSION  Currently supported versions are 1.28,1.35, and
                           system

--with-boost=system and att boost-libs to dependency and boost to
makedepends

Have fun

--
Ionuț